Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Roles I Play During the Week

During the week, I have many different roles that need to be filled. My roles are a sales person/cashier, teacher aide, student, graduate assistant, and a mentor. It is hard to juggle all these roles, but I enjoy doing them and to be honest they look good on my resume. I am fortunate to be able to accomplish all of these things, even though sometimes I do struggle because there are not enough hours in the day for me and I get tired. Without my parents support I would not be able to have the strength to handle all my responsibilities.

Vocabulary:
role(noun)- a part played by a person or character.
mentor(noun)- a person who you can build a trust worthy relationship with.
fortunate(adjective)- receiving good.
accomplish(verb)- to finish a goal or conclusion.
support(verb)- to help.
responsibility(noun)- to take care of things that need to be taken care of.

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.
1. When I was a child my teacher helped me with anything I needed to know; she was a great ____________________.
2. In the movie "Interview with the Vamprire", Brad Pitt played the _____________ of a vampire.
3. I got a new car six months ago and I asked for my parents __________________ because I needed a second oppinion.
4. My ___________________ this month is to pay my bills.
5. I ____________________ all my work for class tonight.
6. I am _________________ to have such wonderful parents in my life!

Grammar Point: Nouns
Nouns describe a person, place or a thing. Nouns are used to express concepts, qualities, organisations, communities, sensations, and events. In texts, if you see certain endings or if a name of a place or person is capatilized it autimatically is a noun.
Now You Try it:
What country or countries would you like to visit? Who would you take with you?

1 comment:

Teacher: Jackie said...

Good work. Yes, our lives are just too busy. Sometimes we can't get by without help, and that's OK. Just as we are always ready to help our own children, our parents are always ready to help us.