Friday, October 10, 2008

Tonight!

I have not been out with my girlfriends in quite a while. So I am happy to say that tonight we will be meeting up for my girlfriend Melissa's birthday. I think of it this way, I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and I can not wait to see them tonight. We will all make sure Melissa has a great time tonight!

Vocabulary:
girlfriend(noun)- a female friend.
birthday(noun)- a day of a persons' birth.
blessed(adjective)- bringing happiness.
wonderful(adjective)- great/marvelous/excellent.
time(noun)- the moment.

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word:
1. My ______________ is August 20,1981.
2. I am ___________ to have such caring parents and friends.
3. This job is _______________ because I enjoy the people I work with.
4. This ____________ around I want to be the center of attention.
5. Me and my _________________ are going to get together to get something to eat and gossip.

Grammar Point: Adjectives
Adjectives modify a noun or a pronoun; it can end in able, ous, er, and est.

Now you try it:
Underline the adjective in the sentence. Remember adjectives modify nouns or pronouns!

1. That is a big building.
2. I met a very old man.
3. That's a very nice dress you a wearing.
4. That is a small house.
5. The water is crystal blue.

No comments: