Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Having a Bad Day....

I am exhausted and paranoid today. I think all the running around from going to two jobs, school, and running a mentoring program is getting to me. My linguistics class is what is worrying me. I have not been doing so well on the tests, but my papers are great. It is imperative that I get at the least a B in this class to be able to pass it. The graduate program requires that you take the class over if you get a grade lower than a B. Its a lot to take in. I am not complaining just simply stating the facts. I am student teaching in the Spring semester and then graduating in May. I thought this day would never come, but it's right around the corner and I do not want to do anything to destroy this chance.

Vocabulary:
exhausted(verb)- overly tired
paranoid(adjective)- a severe feeling of being scared
imperative(adjective)- absolutely necessary
graduate(noun)- a person who receives a degree or diploma
complain(verb)- to express pain, uneasiness,dissatisfaction, grief, or resentment

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word:
1. I am in my senior year of high school and ___________________ in June.
2. My friend fell asleep in class, she must of been ________________.
3. It is ________________ to pass this class with an A.
4. My back hurts so I have been __________________ all day.
5. I am so ________________ that the cops are going to show up at the party.

Grammar Point:Homonym
It is a word the same as another in sound and spelling but different in meaning. For example ad, add, affect, effect, ect.

Now you try it.
Write a paragraph using the same words but with different meanings.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey. How are you? It's Carolyn from class. College is absolutely overwhelming, especially grad school. So I definitely agree with you there. The best you can do is give the best you can- complete all of the assignments, try your best on the papers and study for the exams then hope for the best. I'm a little nervous too but I'm giving it all I can because, like you, I don't want to repeat. Keep your head up. Being overwhelmed will only make it hard to do presentations and take exams. Maybe you can talk to Sister Wolochuk about your concerns if you really feel that strongly. I'm sure you'll do just fine by semester's end.

Miss Mule' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Mule' said...

I smiled when I read the first line.I think It's because I felt sort of the same way. Also it was because you wrote that you felt exhausted and paranoid. Thats an interesting and challenging combination. I hope you had a nice holiday !
See you in class soon. The work was mounding up. Now its starting to all unfold. Just think of the job opportunities this will bring some day :)

And how much you'll love the pay off of teaching. Its truly the best career ever ! Keep on going...We're all in this together ! Cheers! * p.s. (check out my article on the Rat Race)Thats my interpretation :)